I just bought a car (or truck). What do I need to do to register it?

Bring in the title application, insurance certificate, mileage, check, cash, credit or debit card.  If you need plates, you will also need to go the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in Rockland afterwards.


What do I need to re-register my car (or truck)?

Insurance certificate, mileage, old registration if you have never registered your vehicle on Matinicus before, check, cash, credit or debit card.


Do you take credit or debit cards?

Yes! We take them for excise taxes, registrations and property taxes.  There is a 3 1/2 % processing  fee added on, though.  This is what the bank charges us.


How long can my car (or truck) stay on Matinicus without paying the $250 deposit?

30 days